AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE. WE’RE ON OUR WAY.
If you have an accident and can’t call for help, Vauxhall OnStar reacts instantly.
The second your airbag inflates:
- Automatic Crash Response opens a direct line to a trained Vauxhall OnStar advisor, who’ll talk to you in your chosen language (even if you’re abroad) via the hands-free speakerphone.
- Vauxhall OnStar sends a report to our Service Centre, including your location, travel direction, vehicle colour and the extent of the damage.
Emergency services immediately head to the accident scene, if your vehicle report warrants it.
WI-FI HOTSPOT. YOUR CAR IS ONLINE.
Broadband makes life easier and more fun, so use Vauxhall OnStar to create an in-car wi-fi hotspot.
Enjoy fast and stable internet access on the move.
- Smartphones, laptops, tablets and more – your hotspot will support up to seven devices.
- Vauxhall OnStar’s powerful roof antenna reliably connects you to high-speed internet services.
When do I need to fill up? What‘s my tyre pressure? Where did I park? Use your Vauxhall OnStar smartphone app to:
Display key diagnostics (like tyre pressure, fuel and oil levels) anytime, anywhere.
- Lock and unlock your car doors remotely.
- Locate your vehicle if you can’t remember where you last parked.
- Once you’re close to your car, flash the lights and honk the horn to identify it.
- Enter your destination address into your smartphone and send it to your car‘s navigation system.
Stolen Vehicle Assistance
STOLEN-VEHICLE ASSISTANCE. WE’LL HELP GET IT BACK.
If your car is not where you parked it, Vauxhall OnStar can confirm if it’s been stolen – and help you get it back.
- Once you report the theft to the police, your Vauxhall OnStar advisor can use the crime reference number to start searching for your car.
- Vauxhall OnStar’s GPS technology will confirm your Vauxhall’s location.
- If the thief turns off the engine, Vauxhall OnStar can deactivate the ignition, effectively immobilising your car. The police can then recover it.
VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICS. BECAUSE PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
- Vehicle diagnostics keep you up-to-date with your car’s health of so you can avoid unexpected repairs.
- If you see a warning light in the dash, press the Service button. Your advisor will assess your car remotely and tell you if you need a mechanic.
- If you do, we’ll send your nearest Vauxhall dealer’s address to your navigation system.
- At your request, Vauxhall OnStar can also send you a monthly email showing your car‘s oil level, tyre pressure and other data, to help you stay in control.
DESTINATION DOWNLOAD. DIRECTIONS ON DEMAND.
‘Isn’t that museum around here?’ ‘Where’s that great restaurant?’ ‘Is this the stadium?’ Vauxhall OnStar is always ready to help when you’re in doubt about locations, directions or destinations.
- Use the Service button to contact your Vauxhall OnStar advisor. They’ll pinpoint your destination and send the address to your vehicle´s navigation system.
- Destination Download saves time and calms nerves – for example, by helping you easily switch destination en route.
THE ONSTAR BUTTONS IN YOUR CAR
To contact OnStar, press one of three buttons:
- Blue for Service – this button puts you through to an OnStar advisor – and whichever service you need.
- Red for SOS – this button gets you immediate help in an emergency. It gives you a priority line to an OnStar advisor who will get support to you.
- Black for Privacy – if you’d prefer not to let us know where you are. This button prevents OnStar from locating your vehicle, except in an emergency (for example, if you have an accident or someone steals your car).
THE SMARTPHONE APP
With our state-of-the-art smartphone app, you can:
- Contact OnStar from anywhere
- Call up important vehicle data
- Remotely lock or unlock your car
- Locate your car online
- Honk the horn and flash the lights when you’re close to finding your car.
A DIRECT CALL
Whether it’s help or information you need, simply call OnStar.
- A trained advisor will take your call, around the clock.
- If you’ve lost your car keys or aren’t sure if you locked the doors, the OnStar Service Centre is there to help out.
- You can call OnStar nearly anywhere in Europe – and we’ll answer in your chosen language.